Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wellness Cat Can Blowout

The above title is indicitive of spam in my inbox. Sure, I buy cat food over the internet one time, two years past, and yet weekly I'm getting things like: "Wellness Cat Can Blowout"

I've also managed to get associated with Old Navy, the Gap, both Saks and Neiman Marcus and something called "Shecky's."

Not to be outdone by clothing retailers, Crate and Barrel feels the need to alert me weekly to what new piece of ephemera they're stocking (at both regular Crate and Barrel and CB2 locations).

I purchased a fruitcake at Christmas and am now regularly inundated with both emails and catalogues from the Collin Street Bakery, yet I spent enough at Tiffany's to equal a fruitcake's weight in fine jewelry and I get bupkis.

Order customized M&Ms for your birthday? Expect to be receiving the M&M mailer approximately every two to three days, because after all, they feel the need to remind you every time someone has an M&M melt in their mouth and not in their hand.

No comments: