Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Jules Verne Kitty Van Winkle

I hate to be one of those people who knits and has cats, but what can I say, I'm one of those people who knits and has a cat (see title above). Further, I have to take this opportunity to wax poetic about my cat. I grew up with dogs and I have to say I don't believe that there are "cat people" and "dog people"-- I think you either like pets or you don't, and personally, I don't understand how anyone could not like having a pet. Sure, pets can shed and they can be messy and all of that, but nothing can bring you sheer goofy unadulterated joy like a dog or a cat-- yes, you can even ask me that while I'm using the steam cleaner to remove various pet-related stains from rugs and furniture. Miss Kitty can be fiercly independent but she can also be terrifyingly cute and cuddly. On more than one occasion over the past week I have found her sleeping in between the husband and I, a warm little hot water bottle tucked in between her two favorite people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, animals are wonderful...you grew up with dogs (5 at one time!!) and ended up with a cute hot water bottle while your father and I ended up sleeping with "BigFoot"....all 130 pounds of him....what happened to the day of the Golden Retriever???

Rue said...

Well, you know I'd love to have a dog! One of these days!!! :) (But I have to say I am particularly enamored of animals you can pick up with one hand if necessary!)