Friday, June 23, 2006

Badgley Mischka

So this evening I was occupying myself while the husband was still at work by wandering around Bloomingdales. Though these days I prefer Saks (closer) Bloomies has the best hours in town (sometimes even staying open as late as 10 pm, for this being the city that never sleeps, most mainstream retail establishments usually call it quits pretty early, but I digress). Anyhoo, so I have a wedding coming up in September and I've been torn as to what to wear (noting that yes, I have three months for this, but what can I say, I'm a planner by nature). So on my way to the Calvin Klein bedding section (which was the planned reason for this particular visit) I managed to find myself diverted by the dress department. They were having a sale. Do I need to elaborate much more? So, I'm scouring the sale racks and I find a neat green column dress and another dress that was silk and brown and white polka dots (which I did contemplate might make me look a bit giraffe like) and then I found myself in the Badgley Mischka department! I didn't even know they had one of those! Amongst many unique and interesting frocks I found this very Jackie-O beige and silver jacquard number (yes, mom, you will tell me when you see it that it looks like someone's upholstery fabric, but what can I say, I just loved it!) But, the smallest size they had was a six. So, I kept wandering and then decided to try it on-- it looks great! Just the right length and I think it will work perfectly with my new Jimmy Choo's! The only problem being this whole size 6 thing. A four would probably work, possibly a 2 even better-- so I go to the sales person to see whatelse they have. After no luck searching the 59th street store we make the mistake of calling Short Hills (no answer), then Chicago (no other sizes), then Short Hills again (still no answer-- which at this point pisses off the Bloomingdale's people and they have an internal discussion about how the Short Hills people are snobby, and what reason do they have to be snobby if the Flagship 59th Street store actually answers their phones)... then we gave up. That is until I was up in the shoe department and decided to call the store in Boca just in case. Who knew that something jacquard would manage to still be in stock in Boca, but it was! And they're sending it (keep your fingers crossed).

After all that, the Calvin Klein department was a bust, but we'll see about this dress!

No comments: