Sunday, January 16, 2011

$5.00 Deals

So I know this won't be a big deal for most of you, but I have been pretty excited lately by the $5.00 deals I've recently found...

Take for instance, my venture to the East Village with Thisbe where I managed to dig up a Marc Jacobs 100% silk dress for $5.00 at Cadillac's Castle. We're not talking Marc by Marc Jacobs, this is actual Marc Jacobs... It was turned inside out and kind of balled up in the middle of one of the cardboard boxes filled with crap that was all "$5.00". It's lavender silk, fully lined and has pockets! It has an empire waist and an a-line skirt and matches my lavender suede Manolo Blahniks perfectly! I had it dry cleaned and it looks fab, I just have to take it to my tailor and have it shortened a bit because for now it is kind of that awkward length where it's hitting mid-calf... But that's what you get when you're five feet tall.

Next: TSE cashmere skirt for $5.00 at the Second Chance Thrift store in Peapack. It's burgundy, super soft and just damn comfy.

But the kicker has to be the vintage Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche wool pants I found for $1.00, also in Peapack. You just can't beat vintage couture for $1.00!

No comments: