Thursday, August 10, 2006

Sienna Style

It would appear that leggings are making a come back. I completely attribute this to Sienna Miller who (though US catalogued her latest fashion missteps on the last page of last week's issue) has this uncanny knack of looking good in usually bemoaned eighties-esque fashions. The husband is completely horrified by this trend and signals it as a sign that leg warmers too will make a come back (little does he know there was a limited resurgence of those a season or two back, but like the first time Gauchos tried to make a reappearance in late 2000-early 2001 it just didn't quite stick that first time around). Anyway, being the fashion follower I am I had to jump on the bandwagon. Also being slightly weary of this trend I decided to make my foray via a cheap pair from Target. I had seen them earlier this summer at my local Target but hemmed and hawed even though they were only $5.99. I bought another pair of knit gauchos instead (what can I say, they're great to wear around the house). Then I finally decided I had to take the plunge. I haven't had time to go back to Target so I hit up the internet site and was disappointed to learn my leggings were on back order for up to 6 weeks! However, some fashion miracle occurred because they ended up showing up on my door step just a few days ago. Though I'll probably not have the guts to leave the house in them (though I have dreams of perhaps pairing them with my Prada ostrich skirt, much to Miuccia's dismay, I'm sure) they are great-- just the right amount of stretch and made out of some Roswell technology space-aged material that has more sheen than cotton but doesn't make you look like you should be taking part in the Tour de France. Also they were surprisingly the appropriate length! I was mesmerized so much I had to order another pair. But I swear, no leg warmers.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

How bizarre that we both wrote about Target leggings on the same day...I hadn't read your post when I wrote mine. Weird!