Friday, August 13, 2010

Why we love iTunes...

It's been 24 years since Ferris Bueller's Day Off was released. (what!?!? How did THAT happen? See previous post re: turning thirtysomethingunmentionable...) Anyway, it's been 24 years of me loving the music but there being no soundtrack released.

Well, thanks to imdb and iTunes I've managed to recreate most of the music. Sadly, The Dream Academy's version of "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" isn't available, but while searching for it I did come across the Vitamin String Quartet. I have to say I love their string versions of pop songs! Who knew, "Bizzare Love Triangle" works with strings!

Other random purchases? Florence and the Machine, Michael Crawford/Barbra Streisand and Big Audio Dynamite.

One other thing-- why on earth didn't I have "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" on my iPod? I guess I downloaded my Police cd back when I had my original iPod and was actually concerned about memory space?? Unclear.

No comments: