Thursday, November 04, 2010

Salty or Sweet

Are you a salty or a sweet person? I know that there are some, like my Mother, who are both. (Meaning, after you have something sweet you've got to have something salty, and vice versa). For me, I'm definitely salty. While I enjoy chocolate, cookies and brownies as much as the next person (arguably, though, not as much as the next person if said next person is Miss B.), I'm much more a fan of salty things.

White Cheddar Cheez-Its, Ritz Crackers, and of course, the end-all-be-all of salty snacks: Salt and Vinegar potato chips.

Another random question: Why are there somewhere upwards of what seems like 37 different varieties of Listerine? Notably, each one more vile than the next? I was at Target the other day looking to replace a bottle which had actually been completely used and was met with a display that had to be not less than 6 feet high and four feet wide, filled with various varieties of Listerine (each with a different active ingredient). Some were plaque fighting, others antiseptic... but regardless each one works simply by burning off whatever may be foolish enough to be lingering on your teeth. Never before have I felt like I needed to counterbalance mouthwash with baking soda (or some other PH balancer).... Oy!

No comments: