Saturday, October 16, 2010

Observations

Ever drive a 6-speed manual through the urban safari in a mini dress while wearing one four-inch heel and one flip flop? I'll just say it's not easy.

In other news, it is starting to really turn Fall-ish and we seem to quickly be approaching that time of year when you've gone from wearing summer clothes right past fall clothes and now you have to start wearing a coat. Damn.

Next item? Book sales galore. The Franklin Park book sale concludes tomorrow and next weekend is Princeton and South Brunswick. Do I splurge and pay a $10 admission fee to get into the Princeton sale's preview? I probably won't, but I'll think about it.

SnAKs Cafe at Saks on the fifth floor really has good little sandwiches. You should try it.

Brendan Fraser is coming to Broadway in November. Okay, so Broadway is kind of hitting the bottom of the barrel when Encino Man makes his debut, but I like Brendan and might be interested in seeing the show... Do I have any takers? There's also Driving Miss Daisy, A Life in the Theater, Time Stands Still, The Merchant of Venice and Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. Yes, Pacino is in Merchant. Why haven't I bought my tickets already?

I finally watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, my impression? It's amazing how people in Swedish films look like regular people (i.e. wrinkles and bad skin don't seem to be barriers to entry into the Swedish film industry, unlike in Hollywood) that being said, I liked it. It certainly seemed like they had to cut out a lot/slim down the story... But given how dense the book was its not really a surprise. It is definitely a movie where you should read the book first so you know what's going on. If you have, I think you'd enjoy it. Now, here's to The Girl Who Played with Fire... Hoping it will be out on DVD or iTunes soon!

That's all I have to report.

I lied. Three more things. Saturday we're doing tea at the St. Regis. Miss Leda, we'll have a scone in your honor.

Thrift store score? Tweed Marc Jacobs pants: $7.00

And a question. As between Dolce, Cavalli, DVF and Nicole Miller, Who would you pick?

No comments: