Thursday, January 03, 2008

As Always, More Random Thoughts....

This afternoon we watched Martha and it was a rerun of the "Babies Show". I have to say that I do truly admire Martha. After all the woman sleeps like two hours a night and then spends her days running her empire and at the same time masterminding carrot cake cupcakes and onesies stenciled with potato cut stamps (let's not forget that she climbed Kilamanjaro and of course manages all that animal husbandry up in Bedford.) As admirable as her stamina and creativity may be however, Martha really need to work on her people skills given that she's got a daytime talk show. Martha can be charming when dealing with men (case in point, Russell Crowe, David Letterman, etc.) but put her next to women, children and even dare I say animals and geesh! On today's "Babies Show" Martha had to hold a few tykes and she really looked like she was thinking.... "I have people I can pay to do this" Not to mention she seemed a bit ticked when one of the babies who was modeling a fancy stroller in the "mom's musts" segment wouldn't stop crying.

While checking my email this evening Ticketmaster reminded me that tickets will go on sale next week for "Je'caryous Johnson's Three Ways To Get a Husband" at the Beacon Theater. Which can only bring to mind the quote from "It's a Wonderful Life": "I been savin' this money for a di-vorce, if ever I got myself a husband!"

On the news tonight I saw Hillary Clinton's speech after the Iowa caucus and is it just me or did Bill Clinton look like a wax figure?

Flix was showing one of my favorite movies Seems Like Old Times. What can I say I'm a sucker for those Chevy Chase/Goldie Hawn movies.

No comments: