Wednesday, March 05, 2008

We're Back!

So, now that the bar exam is over we can go back to real cooking! Tonight we had Chicken Makhani with Naan (from WF) and homemmade potato Samosas! I had seen a recipe in Real Simple for the samosas using (oh, my god...) left over mashed potatoes and ready made puff pastry. Needless to say I did not use left over mashed potatoes, but I did use Pepperidge Farm ready made puff pastry. For the samosa innards I boiled golden potatoes that I had rough cut. Once boiled, I drained the potatoes and added petite sweet peas, fresh cilantro, olive oil, garam masala, ground cumin, mustard seed, salt and garlic salt. I also diced a jalepeno and added that as well. The samosas were really good, though I think they could have stood for a bit more spicing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT'S WRONG WITH LEFT OVER MASHED POTATOES? I CAN MAKE 20 DIFFERENT MEALS USING LEFTOVER MASHED POTATOES!

Anastasia said...

omigosh, all of those sound so good. Would you mind emailing me the recipes? Maybe? If you have time?