Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Where There's a Will....

So starting last May, for 85 days, Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman rode through Africa for their "Long Way Down" trip/documentary. For fans of "Long Way Round" this was quite exciting! I found out about the BBC website documenting the trip last summer (and added a perma-link, shown on the left side of the page...) and had been waiting this fall to see if the show would be carried on any stations here in the US. Unfortunately, only BBC Two seemed to air the episodes. Then I kept my eye out for the DVD-- no luck. Finally, we did a bit of research and decided to just order the damn thing from the LWR website. We've finished watching the DVD and now I'm starting to read the companion book (also unavailable in the US until June, but I managed to get a copy thanks to Amazon Canada!) Here's to looking forward to Long Way Up!

No comments: