Thursday, September 25, 2008

Things.

Today was definitely a first taste of fall. It was gray, a bit cold and a bit windy.

Now I'm watching Casablanca (most of the day was spent watching television.... including renting "There Will be Blood...") I appreciated the line:

Captain Renault: Come to my office tomorrow morning. We'll do everything businesslike.

Jan Brandel: We'll be there at six!

Captain Renault: I'll be there at ten.

This reminds me of our cabinet installer, Tony. Tony offered to be at the house at seven. I said, not earlier than 8! And, as an update for the kitchen progress, more cabinets were delivered today so Tony will be back tomorrow to finish up installation... of course our new double oven set up won't be in until next week so he can't finish everything but at least we'll be one step closer.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Or like your nail salon....What time you want to come? I'll come at 11:00....You'll come at 2:00. That's still my favorite line.

410E9th said...

Captain Renault: What in heaven's name brought you to Casablanca?

Rick: My health. I came to Casablanca for the waters.

Captain Renault: The waters? What waters? We're in the desert.

Rick: I was misinformed.