Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Heroes!

So, the new season of Heroes. What do we think?

Here are a few thoughts. First off, is NBC kidding already with all the commercials? At one point the Husband timed it and they went 3 minutes between commercials-- three minutes? Come on!

New Heroes: Daphne a/k/a the Speedster. Seems like a run-of-the-mill comic book hero power-- being able to run really fast. We'll have to see where this goes, but my main question is why on earth would she have given up her Paris apartment (with Mona Lisa) to live in that dump she was living in in the future with Parkman and Molly??? What happened there!?! BTW, who the heck is taking care of Molly in the present, and why doesn't anybody seem to care/notice that Parkman has disappeared?

New/Old Hero: Mohinder. Okay, finally we're going to give Mohinder some power and what do we pick? Why he's become Jeff Goldblum from "The Fly"! This is rather un-creative, and I'd have to say I think I would have been happier if they had just brought in Jeff Goldblum.

Black Guy who gets stronger based on other people's fear (sorry, I haven't caught his name... is he Knox? I just don't know!): undecided.

Black Guy in the African desert who paints the future: Seems okay, but how lame is it for that poor guy that he only sees Parkman's future?I'd have asked for a better power, or at least one that's a bit more flexible.

Nikki/Barbara/Tracy: Okay, when do we meet Barbara and what's her power going to be? How does all of this relate to Jessica, and will Tracy and Barbara have split personalities too? How does Ali Larter keep all of this straight?

In the Whatever Happened To Category: Once again, I ask-- where's Claude? I liked Claude! Christopher Eccelston was good as our local invisible man... will he ever reappear?

Rena Sofer as Heidi Petrelli a/k/a Nathan's wife.... are they divorced, or what? I guess she has to hope that 24 gets renewed.

Developments: I have to say the whole Sylar as HRG's partner thing is growing on me, though I did always like the Haitian so here's to hoping we'll see more of him too.

Adam Morgan-- glad he's back... but it's a shame that we seem to have left behind Hiro in Feudal Japan-- that was a neat, albeit short, story line.

Discuss.

No comments: