Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Stuff.

This is apparently old news, but it appears that Bravo might have The Real Housewives of New Jersey in the works! (Sign me up!)

Okay, why does Obama keep pronouncing "Pah-key-staaan" like he's from Pakistan. It's as annoying as Sarah Palin pronouncing Iraq "EYE-Rack".

Open letter to Verizon: Since when did it become okay to give your customers a 12-hour window for the arrival of your service personnel? Yes, that's right-- would my service tech be at my house between 8 and 10? Perhaps 1-3? Even 4-6? Nope, 8am till 8pm. Okay-- here's another question, since when did it become commercially reasonable to expect that you can come to my house after 6pm to do work that isn't emergency work?? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having after hours support-- it's great if you're working (so you don't have to take the day off to meet the Verizon guy-- except for the fact that you'd still have to take the day off since your window is 12 hours!) BUT, then it needs to be something more like "we have after hours service, if you'd like that?" Unless I've requested after hours service, I am not okay with him show up at 6:30 and staying until 8:15. Not to mention that when the two guys did leave they were pissed off, gave me no paperwork to sign and were generally rude! Upside, I do appear to have internet service, downside-- I don't know why. They wouldn't tell me what they did to make it work. Nice. God forbid what will happen when I call them back to ask to have more phone jacks installed. (oh, and let's not forget that the only reason they did eventually show up at all was that the Husband called them twice this afternoon trying to get somebody to arrive-- and when the guys did arrive they thought they were here to work on our TV!)

In other news-- we went to the Crate and Barrel outlet the other day and managed to find a cushion for a chair that we bought there a few months ago... now we can actually sit in the chair and the cushion was only $10! (Noting that the cushion is some kind of micro-suede (rather than the leather it's shown with on the website-- but it fit and all together we surely did not pay anything close to $799 for it!!)

What else happened today? Granite template. According to template guy, our granite should be available for installation in two weeks (everything in kitchen remodeling is two weeks...) still trying to get our appointment to view our slab...