Thursday, October 23, 2008

We Are The World...

So you already knew about my original contractor, Carlos and his men, who were Mexican. Then there's Devi our Ukrainian electrician. Our woodfloor guy was a nice African American gentleman named Frank who employed people who may have been Portugese (the language they spoke seemed to be some strange amalgam of romance languages). Our plumber? Vin Diesel (aka Anthony, who is Italian, as is our carpenter/tile guy). Today? Today our laundry room floor is being tiled by an asian man and his wife! Talk about a family business. While the Husband and I did used to work down the hall from one another at The Job, I think if we were both employed working side by side in a trade he'd probably shoot me. We have one more big item to complete-- having a new baseboard installed in the kitchen-- and at this rate I just won't be happy unless the installer is an eskimo. Why do I suddenly feel like Angelina Jolie?

No comments: