Friday, September 01, 2006

Tournament of Champions

This evening we actually got home early enough to watch Jeopardy! For those of you that know me, you may remember my little stint last year of trying out to be on Jeopardy! I was denied, but the life long dream lives on. Regardless, this week happens to be the Tournament of Champions.

Let me tell you, though the tournament is technically the cream of the crop of Jeopardy! Contestants, its a really scary look at humanity. As you'd typically expect of the eight final contestants 7 are men, and the one woman looks like a librarian from the dustbowl. Of the 7 men, 6 of the 7 had really silly eyeglasses, bad hair cuts and generally looked like real brainiacs. It's times like this when you realize why they don't televise the awarding of the Nobel Prizes.

This whole thing got me thinking. What if my cat were a contestant on Jeopardy!? I've had these dreams before, like the time I envisioned her on the "Apprentice" where her only response in the Boardroom to a hard grilling by Donald Trump and his cronies would be "Brrr!"

Same thing on Jeopardy! Personally, I think she would be a natural. Especially if she got good categories such as, "Famous Mice", "Types of Fish" and of course, the old favorite, "Balls of Yarn". She is, after all, a French cat, so we know she would do well on questions relating to food, wine and style. Given her background in feline history she would also do well with any categories relating to Ancient Egypt, her downfall would be "Dogs" and anything having to do with curiosity.

No comments: