Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sting's Favorite Pasta

Last night we tried a recipe from this month's Food and Wine magazine. It's the cover recipe and the article which accompanies it claims that it is Sting's favorite pasta dish when he is visiting his villa in Tuscany (noting however that he's currently going macrobiotic so, the dish is out for now). It is bucatini with sausage and peas and it was quite a success! The recipe tells you to first brown the sausage and then sautee garlic and shallots, but I chose to sautee the garlic and shallots first, then I deglazed the pan with some marsala wine after having browned the sausage. The recipe calls for you to use pre-prepared tomato sauce so I used Classico's spicy tomato basil sauce as well as a half a can of diced tomatoes. I added that to the sausage, shallots and garlic and simmered for about 15 minutes. I then added about a half a cup of heavy cream, some organo, basil, salt and pepper and a half a bag of frozen peas. We served it with a bit of grated parm and some fresh basil. All togther it was very tasty and I'd recommend it!

No comments: