Monday, August 18, 2008

Clean and Jerk

In the spirit of the women's weightlifting competition that the Husband watched the other night, today I went to HD to pick up some supplies for the kitchen job. Mr. Handyman is coming on Wednesday to do the ceiling but we're providing the materials. I was in the building materials aisle and I got a big bucket of joint compound. It was heavy, but it didn't have to go far to get onto the bottom of the cart.

When I got out to the car I picked this thing up off the cart and moved it to the ground. I tried to pick it up and realized there was no way I was getting it all the way into the trunk, so I figured I'd bring it around and put it in the front passenger wheel well. I looked at the bucket to see just how much it weighed. 6.1 pounds? I thought, no, that can't be right. It's not right, my eyesight must be going too... it's a SIXTY-ONE pound bucket of joint compound. Or the equivilent of carrying three Miss Babys. That's more than half of my body weight! But I did managed to get it both into the car and back out once we got home. This, however, reinforcing the idea that I no longer want to have to lift heavy objects EVER again!

No comments: