Monday, August 04, 2008

OMFG

Today I'm doing my CLE for NJ. Unfortunately, for those of us who have joined the NJ Bar late, even if you have been practicing in another state for a dog's age you're stuck doing a first year CLE course (for a week, with homework). I'm at the seminar, I walk in and there's a giant projector screen with a lecture being shown. Is it live? Are we doing a video conference where the lecturer can see us too? Nope. It's a videotape. We've now actually lost sound.

I get to look forward to a whole week of this in an uncomfortable chair in a room with insufficient air conditioning! In NY I've been practicing long enough where I can do CLE via videotape, but I can do that at home, on my couch, thanks to a webcast (oh, and no homework).

Now the silence has just been broken by a Bon Jovi ringtone. Which I guess proves I'm in New Jersey.

Can I just say, my compatriots here are taking this very seriously, about half of them are taking notes on laptops. I'm getting bad flashbacks to law school.

No comments: