Wednesday, August 13, 2008

What's Going On?

Wisdom tooth removal worked out well on Monday (thanks for everybody's well wishes), and was followed in the afternoon by a meeting with our HD kitchen designer, the representative from HD's contracting company and their subcontractor. The question is, was it better or worse that I had Novocaine earlier in the day? Did it make me more subdued or did the wisdom tooth extraction discomfort make me more agitated? Who knows, all I do know is that for the first part of the meeting I still had a gauze pad in my gum area so I was talking like Peter Sellers impersonating Marlon Brando. Halfway through the meeting I pulled out the gauze pad so I could speak more easily and by the end of the meeting the subcontractor quit. What, he had attitude issues!? Now we're waiting to hear back from HD on what work they will be doing and just how much money they're going to be crediting us since they didn't do any of the plumbing work we had contracted for, and the plumbers who did the work had to do additional work that HD's contractor had assured us wouldn't need to be done.

In other news, the Mom and Dad left to go back to ATL this afternoon-- big Kudos to the Mom and Dad for both staying with us while our kitchen upheaval is afoot (and thus, living with plastic silverware and a make-shift cooking situation) and for watching Miss B while I did the infamous NJCLE.

Here's a new look by Miss B, we like to call it "Oh, no you di-n't"

No comments: