Thursday, August 28, 2008

Update on the Sting.

Okay so, if you know me well then you know that I'm a sweller. I get a mosquito bite and the thing swells up like a golf ball. I don't understand it, but that's just how my body works (this may explain a lot of why I tend not to be outdoorsy, that and what happens to me when I'm exposed to poison ivy... but that's a whole other thing entirely). I got stung on Tuesday and yesterday I got really swollen. This morning? I could actually bearly open my left eye. I looked like Quasimodo. I called my doctor's office and they suggested going with Benadryl instead of Trichlormiton (or however it's spelled/said...) and that I could put cortizone cream on the area as well (which is totally counterintuitive since those creams always say to *AVOID THE EYE AREA*!!!) I've done this and the swelling has gone down a bit (thankfully) but now I have a giant red ring around my eye. Earlier today I had to go to Pins and Needles, my local knitting shop, to exchange a pair of needles and I took off my sunglasses and the woman just stared. I half-heartedly said: "I got stung in the eye by a bee" Her response? "I was going to ask you about that, it's not black and blue so I knew you weren't punched." Not really your typical knitting store banter. I have tried to limit my contact with the outside world for the past two days because I really can't get used to wearing sunglasses indoors or when interacting with others. It just seems way too Lindsay Lohan. Though, in the words of Posh Spice, quoted from an article in a recent Allure Magazine, "Sunglasses hide a multitude of sins". True, and who even suspected she knew how to use the word multitude?!

No comments: