Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hats!

So recently, I've been making a lot of hats. This all started, of course, a while ago with the "Itty Bitty Hats" book. I make tons of Hats for Miss B. and now I've been expanding my hat repertoire. After my trip to The Whole Nine Yarns (check out their blog!) in Kennesaw, while I was at the ancestral homestead earlier this summer, I started two exciting hat projects in earnest. The first is the "Hartsfield" hat, a free pattern from TWNY, worked in Louisa Harding's Kimono Angora a beautiful angora blend. It didn't take too terribly long to make and it is wonderfully soft. I'm looking forward to wearing this in the fall/winter!

The next project was a really neat cable knit hat from a pattern that I got at TWNY's Christmas in July event. It's called an "Unoriginal Hat" and it is worked in Malabrigo Chunky a hand dyed merino wool.

Unfortunately the pattern and the gauge were not necessarily true to each other. This hat was supposed to be a "ladies medium" and it basically is an infant hat (!) Go figure. But I've ordered another skein of Malabrigo and am going to try it again, larger and on bigger needles. This time it will probably come out big enough to fit on a pumpkin!

I'm also working on the "Loopy" hat pattern from Itty Bitty Hats for Miss B.... pictures to follow!

No comments: