Saturday, July 07, 2007

A Few Things...

The Tour de France has started again! This means every evening will be filled with replay hosted by naked Bob on the Versus channel. (I liked it better when it was known as OLN-- the Outdoor Living Network). Today's event started with the prologue in London. Tomorrow coverage begins at 8am with Stage 1 going to Canterbury. Needless to say we'll watch a replay later in the day.

In honor of the Tour (actually, it was mere coincidence) we made Tour-tilla Soup. I started by sauteeing chopped green pepper, chopped onion and diced jalepeno in a bit of olive oil. Once the onions were translucent, I added to the stock pot almost an entire box of low sodium chicken broth. I brought the broth and the vegetables to a boil and then added one small package of Bear Creek Tortilla Soup Mix. Then I added a small can of diced tomatoes (with jalepenos), a can of diced green chiles and a can of Southwest Black Beans (in lime juice and also with jalepenos). I added a bit of cumin and chili powder. I also added a bit of heavy cream, lime juice and fresh chopped cilantro. I then boiled two chicken breasts and once the chicken was cooked I shredded it and added it to the soup. Once the soup was thickened I cut up three flour tortillas into strips and fried them in a bit of olive oil. I served the soup with some monterrey jack cheese on top, a dollop of sour cream and some of the fried tortilla strips. Overall it was pretty tasty.

In other news, everytime I read a horoscope for Gemini (Miss Sophie's sign) it always has the following phrase (regardless of where the particular horoscope is found): "like fellow Gemini, Heidi Klum", as in: "like fellow Gemini, Heidi Klum, you've got all the right moves" or "like fellow Gemini, Heidi Klum you've got what it takes"... really, I'd rather they be a bit more specific, for instance: "like fellow Gemini, Heidi Klum, you'll find yourself insulting top American designer Michael Kors on Bravo!" or "like fellow Gemini, Heidi Klum you'll be working on your line of gummi bears and designer Birkenstocks this weekend while losing baby weight in order to headline the next Victoria's Secret runway show on CBS!" that would be much more interesting.

No comments: