The other day I met up with KK, who I hadn't seen in forever, and she gave me some wonderful fabric (alas, we are both sewers and knitters!) So, I started to make a little top and pants set for Miss B...
(Pants, in process...)
I also used this as a chance to make a little dress and bloomer set out of some neat batik print fabric I had hanging around and some coordinating striped fabric (which started out as a quilters "fat quarter"-- turns out the "fat quarter" (which were on sale this week at Jo-Ann for 99 cents) is the perfect amount of fabric for bloomers-- with extra to spare!
I didn't use any formal patterns, just used the top/pants set for comparison for sizing and an existing pair of bloomers for size purposes. Not bad, I guess all that paper folding in art class as a kid has finally come in handy!