Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's What's for Dinner...

Tonight it's macadamia/panko crusted tilapia in a lemon garlic sauce with yellow rice and my favorite bell pepper and fruit salsa. This time I made the salsa with half of an orange pepper and half of a red pepper, roughly diced. I tossed those together and then added a little bit of very finely chopped jalepeno pepper (with seeds). Then I added mandarin orange slices (rough cut) and diced pineapple. To that mixture I added some cilantro and lemon juice. I find it tends to be a nice light accompaniment to the fish-- great for summer.

Next week, in anticipation of not being able to do theme weeks (other than "Microwave Week" and "Toaster Oven Week" during the kitchen reno...) I'm going to make some of the recipes from this month's Food & Wine. They have a fish and chips recipe that looks good, a take on the traditional tuna melt-- a tuna and gruyere pannini and a sun-dried tomato flan. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: