Friday, December 08, 2006

1,000,000 Mile Saab...

Apparently, a man in Wisconsin drove his 1989 SAAB 900 SPG over 1,000,000 miles. I used to own a 1991 SAAB 900 S. It was great while I had it (until it started doing this thing where you would step on the gas and the car wouldn't go-- that can be problematic, and of course, there was also the whole thing where the windshield wipers would go on and off by themselves, but I just said that the car had "personality"). I do, however, have some doubt about the 1,000,000 mile mark. Not doubting that it hit 1,000,000 (okay, well maybe I do *doubt* that a SAAB made it that far...), but quite possibly, whether it actually went considerably more than that.

For instances, one time, after one of the drives from Atlanta to Ithaca, New York, the odometer indicated that when I got to Ithaca, I had only gone a total of 65 miles. Just for reference, MapQuest estimates this would have actually been a 958.46 mile drive. I guess those SAABs are just optimistic.

No comments: