Sunday, February 08, 2009

iPod Update...

So I looked around on the web last night after both "toggling the hold button" and "pressing down the menu and center button for six seconds, repeated as necessary" didn't work to reset my iPod. Other users suggested letting the battery completely drain and then hooking it back up to my computer again.

This has seemed to work. One caveat? Now there is something wrong with iTunes as it has merged my "Top 25 Most Played" with my "Purchased" music folder. Now the first five songs in the "Purchased" folder are the first five in the top 25 played, incidently, all of which are ones I owned and did not purchase and the first five songs I purchased mysteriously have been deleted from the file yet appear to remain in my music library. To add further confusion, other purchased songs appear to be duplicated within the purchased music directory. I now have duplicates of "Save the Last Dance for Me" (Michael Buble's version), "Can't Get Next to You" by the Temptations and "Let's Get Loud" from "On the 6"(but for the life of me I can't get rid of the "Let's Get Loud" re-mix from J-to the L-O which I mistakenly downloaded years ago).

All of this is doubly odd when considered in light of what started me iPodding last evening to begin with. I had checked my iPod the other night because after the Superbowl performance by Bruce Springsteen I wanted to play "Glory Days" in the car. It is really the only Springsteen song that I like and I thought for sure it was already on my iPod, but alas it was not there. So I uploaded the cd and then all this goofiness started. I swear it had been there before... can the iPod lose music? Do I now have to try and keep a mental directory of all 1440 songs? Like I need that! My brain is already taxed enough as it is!

2 comments:

Daryl said...

Over from your mom's

Do you use a Mac or a PC?

If you use a Mac .. check to see if there's an upgrade to iTunes .. AND if you go to Apple.com you will find a wonderful help group made up of users ... AND you can always lobotomize the iPod .. call Apple and ask them how. I gave up my iPod for a Shuffle ... that way I put on only the songs I feel like listening to w/o having to scroll and click ..

Good luck!

And nice blog!

Rue said...

Daryl:

Thanks for the tips and thanks for visiting!! (I love the photos on your blog, by the way!) Unfortunately, I'm a pc user... though one day I do hope to get one of those beautiful mac desktops...

For now I've got the iPod working (though I still don't know what happened with the whole song list thing...) they are mysterious little machines, but so addictive!!