Thursday, February 05, 2009

Whistler's Mother

I think there are two kinds of people. Whistlers and non-whistlers. I come from a long line of incessant whistlers. Once, in the second grade, towards the end of the school day I was whistling while packing up my backpack and was told in no uncertain terms by Mrs. Dyser that whistling in public is generally frowned upon. I guess she was a non-whistler. The Husband can often gauge my mood and/or brain function levels by whether I am and what I am whistling. The other day after being fried by too much loan document drafting he found me whistling the chorus to Beyonce's "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)" over and over again. He knew the circuits had overloaded. This evening? When he came in from getting the mail he heard me whistling "The Theme from Bombay Talkie" (aka music used in The Darjeeling Limited). What? I bought the soundtrack and it stuck with me.

No comments: