Tuesday, February 24, 2009

It's 12:19am, and I'm Punchy.

I've been doing school work since Miss B. went to sleep and there's nothing like revising a Second Mortgage to get you all loopy. I've got "Next" on the kitchen TV (and the credits are scrolling backwards) but I've been listening to my iTunes library the whole time while the Husband paints the utility room (surely the paint fumes have nothing to do with my current mental state, it's all the loan docs, I'm certain of it).

So. What's new? Rented "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist" and "Leatherheads" from the Redbox. We'll see how those are.

Didn't even get an honorable mention in the Oscar Pool.

Next, in the "New found Appreiciation" department:

Cake. Okay, I know they came out sometime in the '90s, so like how behind the times am I, but since "Short Skirt/Long Jacket" has been the theme to "Chuck", I started listening to their music and what can I say, it's very catchy. Thanks to the Husband for figuring out who they were and what they were doing. I also like their version of "Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps"

Other music? Duffy. Paolo Nutini (got to love the name if nothing else). And, basically most other people you'd hear in an elevator or in the background at J Crew. I've just become one of those people, I guess.

Other favorites: For baby clothes? Old Navy. Okay, ON can be kind of on the fence, but in the baby/toddler clothes department they've been hitting some high notes lately, so here's to hoping they don't go out of business too soon. I've been getting some great little dresses for Miss B. there, including one little knit jobby with matching tights that totally looks like it could be from the "tea" collection!

Finally, what's on the menu for this week?

After yesterday's bout of stomach-flu related unplesasantness one would think I wouldn't be thinking about food for a while (let's just quote TDWP, right now!) But never! This week we've got sliders and fries, home made pizza and chili. I've also got to try and finish my DB's Challenge before the end of the month, but mum's the word on that one!

Good night, all!

No comments: