Tuesday, June 09, 2009

BBP!

Today Miss B. and I went to Bobby's Burger Palace in Paramus with the Mom and Dad. I had seen it at the infamous Bergen Town Center before, but had never been and the Dad has always been a bit of a Bobby Flay fan (years ago we went to the Mesa Grill and the Mom and Dad are still talking about how I ordered an at the time completely foreign looking Chile Relleno) so we figured what the heck.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised! I think Mr. Bobby still has to work on his concept a bit, as the interior and the "is-it self-service/is-it-waiter-service" asthetic is a little confusing, but the food was great! I got a lemonade and an LA Burger which came with Avocado relish, watercress, cheddar cheese and tomato. The Mom and Dad split a Philadelphia Burger (provolone, sauteed onions, hold the hot peppers). Miss B. got a grilled cheese (american, swiss and tomato). We shared regular fries and sweet potato fries (tasty!) and had a strawberry milkshake. Ironically, the milkshake is priced at $5. This reminded me of the famed "$5 milkshake" at Jack Rabbit Slims in Pulp Fiction. To quote Vincent Vega: "That's a pretty f**king good milkshake. I don't know if it's worth five dollars but it's pretty f**king good."

Most importantly though were the sauces. I love a good sauce. It's one of the reasons why I've always had a special place in my heart for Arby's (love that Horsey Sauce). At BBP there is a little condiment wheel on your table with ketchup, chipotle ketchup, Bobby's Burger Sauce (which got a sour-pickle sort of face out of Miss B. when she tried it on a french fry), jalepeno sauce (hot, but so tasty with the sweet potato fries!). The fries come with a special fry sauce and the sweet potato fries come with a delish honey mustard horseradish sauce. Yum!

So far there are BBP's in Paramus, Eatontown, NJ and Lake Grove, NY. If you're a burger and fries fan and you're in the area you should totally check it out!

1 comment:

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

The Eatontown one is close to the shore house. Do they do veggie burgers (I keep meaning to pop in there...)?