Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Class with the Countess!

Yesterday, we visited the city with Thisbe and the Wee Kraken. We had a lovely tea at Alice's Tea Cup on the Upper East Side and then we hit up Bloomingdale's. Bloomie's, in conjunction with Lilly Pulitzer was hosting a book signing of Countess LuAnn de Lesseps' book Class with the Countess. As frequent readers will know, I'm a big fan of the Real Housewives of NYC, and I love Lilly, so this was a double dose of excitement (not to mention that champagne and cupcakes were also involved...!) Thanks to Thisbe who not only indulged in my Countess meeting, but also was the official photographer for the event, getting a great picture of Miss B. and I with the Countess. I, of course, had to lend my own flair to the event by accidentally knocking over the Countess' champagne with the edge of my Gucci Jackie Hobo bag. Do you think there's a chapter in the book that deals with such a faux pas?

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Tacky tacky - spilling the Countess' champagne. You will never be able to show your face in the Hamptons again!

What's your opinion on the Real Housewives of NJ - are they nuts or what?

Sue said...

Come on....those ladies aren't nutz..they're from Jersey!! I do happen to love Theresa...the kids not so much but she's a hoot....

Ellen said...

Teresa's like everyone's favorite ditz!

I love the show, but I'm sure glad I live in South Jersey!aer

Rue said...

Those ladies are crazy! I watch the show, but I don't find it as entertaining as some of the other housewives franchises. NYC and Orange County are still my faves!!

Nouveau Stitch said...

For some reason, I've always struggled with the word "class" when used in that context. If you actually have to use the word, you aren't worthy. Therefore when I saw the title of Luann's book, to me it said the opposite. I don't know why it's so offputting to me, but I just cringe when I see her putting it all out there like that; it screams tacky to me! But the show is a scream. The first time I saw it was during a first season marathon which I watched for hours on end. I was a mess after that! Only in NYC! Sorry but the Jersey girls can't hold a candle!

(P.S. I hope Miss B got to go to Dylan's after!)

Ellen

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

HA! If there isn't a chapter in this book there will be in the sequel. :-)