Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Austro-Hungarian Week!

This week is Austro-Hungarian Week. Technically, because of the dearth of Austro-Hungarian recipes on Epicurious, it will actually just be a three day week, but I digress. Last night we began a bit Germanic with Bratwurst and Warm german Potato Salad. I picked up the bratwurst at Whole Foods together with some really tasty hard onion and poppy seed rolls. I pan fried the bratwurst in a little bit of olive oil and when the bratwurst was almost done cooking I cut each link in half and added the beef broth, onions, apple cider vinegar and sugar from the potato salad recipe to the pan. Once the mixture reduced I added it to the boiled potato slices (and the bacon). I served the bratwurst on the rolls with some spicy German mustard.

Tonight we're going to try Hungarian Goulash and then we'll end with schnitzel and spaetzle.

No comments: