Monday, March 02, 2009

I Don't Mean to be a Hater.... but....

Okay, through a Facebook post I was lead to a certain food blog. And stumbled upon a page full of "dip" recipes. Now I love comfort food, don't get me wrong. But I guess some where along the line I've become a bit of a food snob because the concept of using canned chicken to make "buffalo chicken wing dip" just grosses me out. Also, using canned jalepenos because real jalepenos can be hard to work with? You want to try hard to work with? Try a habanero. That's something that can burn your skin/eyes/melt your brain. A jalepeno is like a bell pepper compared to one of those babies! Well, I can say that after seeing some of these recipes (including the jalepeno "popper" dip-- because frying can be "messy") all it did was remind me of when my Wisconsin sister-in-law made barbeque meatballs using grape jelly. Yowzers.

No comments: