Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Coinage

The Dad has informed me that he has sent me a roll of the new $1 coins. This is very exciting as I am a bit of a closet coin and stamp geek. We got a good laugh over the fact that Jimmy Carter is currently gumming up the works for a Ronald Reagan $1 coin since the "rule" for currency is that a president has to be dead for at least 2 years before they can appear on any form of currency and apparently for these purposes the Mint won't skip Carter. Anyhoo, this brings me to mention my all-time favorite U.S. Coin, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar. First off, it appears to be a hendecagon (which is cool, though often confusing for coin-operated machinery) and what says goofy currency like having a suffragette on one side of the coin and a tribute to the moon landing on the other???

No comments: