Monday, February 12, 2007

Docu-Drama...

This weekend, for some reason, I decided I was going to watch some new documentaries on pay-per-view. I'm not quite sure why I didn't just wait for these gems to appear on STARZ! but it could be partially attributed to the fact that the weekend before the Oscar nominees were announced Little Miss Sunshine was available on pay-per-view and I didn't get the chance to see it, and the minute it was named a Best Picture nominee it quickly was pulled from the line-up. I figured I'd get the documentaries while the getting was good. I watched Who Killed the Electric Car? on Saturday (and even dare I say, got the Husband sucked into it too...) and Word Play last night while I was making lemon chicken stir fry. I'm actually surprised that Who Killed the Electric Car didn't get an Oscar nomination-- it was actually quite intriguing and with Marty Sheen as narrator easy to listen to. Word Play on the other hand was a glorified PBS special. Interesting, kind of, but really just fluff. Mad Hot Ballroom (also on the fluffy side) was much more "inspirational" and enjoyable to watch than a bunch of cross-word puzzlers holed up at the Stamford Marriott. But, what do I know, I don't even do Sudoku puzzles.

No comments: