Friday, February 16, 2007

Scarlett Johansson

Babycenter informed me this morning that I am now 23 weeks pregnant. So far one of the physical upshots of pregnancy has been the mythical breast enlargement. Thinking back on that last sentence, I can say I believe this is the only physical upshot (aside from the whole "creating a person" thing)... because really the swelling feet, morning sickness, etc. just don't count for any fun. For those of you who know me, you well know that I didn't have much going on on top to begin with. To be fair, compared to other pregnant women the boob growth that I have experienced certainly pales in comparison but, overall I have been feeling like all of a sudden I've got Scarlett Johansson's boobs. Again, I know in reality this is just in my head because I'm sure Miss Scarlett's are still much larger than what I have now but compared to the A- cup size I had been sporting I feel like I've made significant progress. To paraphrase Jessica Simpson, clothes just fit better. I had actually started to feel boob when I put my arms at my side-- yes, my cups runneth over beyond my ribcage. Speaking of ribcages, my breasts now actually stick out beyond my ribs (sad state of affairs pre-pregnancy, I know, when your regular boobs compete with your ribcage for outward dimension)... Now, however, I am reaching the downward spiral where even if I have inherited Scarlett's boobs my stomach is quickly overshadowing anything on top.

No comments: