Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Breakfast for Dinner!

In honor of Forever Wherever's Tasty Tuesday blogroll, today's Tasty Tuesday offering is "Breakfast for Dinner!"

Unfortunately, I didn't get the chance to take any pictures... but here goes!

We started with Eggs Benedict! I made poached eggs, toasted up some of these newfangeled sandwich sized Thomas' English muffins and fried up some pieces of ham steak. Additionally, I used a Knorr Hollandaise sauce mix for the Hollandaise. Once the components are done, it's just a matter of stacking. (But beware, poached eggs can be slippery!).

For our side dishes I steamed some asparagus spears and I also made three pepper potatoes ala Sarabeths. For the potatoes I sauteed diced red, orange and green pepper, together with a bit of diced yellow sweet onion in olive oil until softened. Once the veggies have become soft, I added in a bag of diced potatoes from the grocery store. I proceeded to fry up the potatoes and the veggies on medium-high heat, adding a bit more olive oil as needed and liberally seasoning with fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt.

Go ahead, have breakfast for dinner!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for joining in! Eggs Benedict is my husband's favorite breakfast! I know he would eat it for dinner, too! The way you described the potatoes made me hungry! :-)
-Kim

Lynn said...

This sounds soooo yummy, like a perfect dinner. Good idea :)