Monday, January 05, 2009

It'a Amazing That We're Not 3,000 Pounds!

Tonight's dinner was based on Giada's new book, "Giada's Kitchen". I made the Tomato Soup with White Beans and Tallegio and Pear Panini. The tallegio and pear panini were great-- pear slices, a touch of tallegio (like an Italian brie), arugula and some honey, then lightly toasted in the panini maker. Great for dunking in the nice chunky tomato soup!

The tomato soup was easy to make too. I sauteed diced carrots, onion and celery in butter and olive oil. Once the vegetables were soft, I added in a can of cannelini beans, a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes, three cups of chicken stock a pinch of rosemary and a bay leaf. I brought the soup to a boil and then lowered it to a simmer. The soup simmered for thirty minutes and then I used my immersion blender to puree it.

After dinner? Pain au chocolat!

3 comments:

Sue said...

You need to start posting pictures of these fancy dinners you make....

ThirtySomethingMommy said...

We also had tomato soup tonight - only ours was campbells, from the can. My poor husband!

Rue said...

Hey, nothing beats campbell's tomato soup and a nice grilled cheese sandwich! Yum!!! :)