Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tonight!

Tonight I made tomato soup and then two specialties from Ina Garten. I made a goat cheese and tomato tartlet from Ina's Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics cookbook...
















and Pear Clafouti from Ina's Barefoot in Paris cookbook.




I had been wanting to make the clafouti for a long time and today I had some pears left over after I made Giada's tallegio and pear panini for lunch so I figured I'd go for it. I added a bit of honey to the recipe and substituted cognac for the pear brandy. The outcome? Very, very tasty-- and it was so easy to make! Also, the tomato and goat cheese tarlets were really tasty too. Overall? Yum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It all looks amazing! I would love to be able to cook like you! I'd love to have you come to a Tasty Tuesday blog party with this! Thanks for sharing!
-Kim

Sue said...

I'm so happy to see you finally posted some pictures of your cooking handiwork!! Both things look wonderful, especially the pear tart...Is it in Ina's new cookbook??

Rue said...

The tart is in the new cookbook and the clafouti is in the Paris cookbook. By the way, I just like saying "Clafouti" ;)