Thursday, November 16, 2006

iPod Gremlins

Do you ever get that feeling that certain electronic equipment may have a 6th sense that allows them to read your mind?

For instance, yesterday on the train on my way home I pulled out my iPod. This being the new iPod referenced in a post last month. Now I had just listened to the thing the night before. I knew it was charged and I knew it had been working. I press the center button and what ho. Nothing happens. The screen is blank. No apple symbol comes up on the screen-- nothing. I think, okay, you must not have hit the button, try again. Try I do and same result-- no response. It is at this point when I think to myself: "I can't believe you. It hasn't even been a month, and already-- broken, what's it going to be this time. Damn you, iPod." but then, the fog lifts, my brain responds with-- "wait, this is no big deal. We've got the buyer protection plan from Best Buy. We'll take this puppy back and get a new one, thank *god* we bought that!"

And it is at that instant that the Apple symbol flashed on the screen and everything started working.

Its like the iPod knew it was being threatened with a return.

No comments: