Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Rosie, Kelly and Clay

I was reading my entertainment news today and saw a piece on how there was a feud brewing between Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa. Apparently, while Clay Aiken was co-hosting Live with Kelly he put his hand over her mouth to keep her from speaking (because really, what fill-in co-host wouldn't do that...??) and Kelly made a remark essentially saying, don't put your hand near me, I don't know where it's been.

Rosie, of course, comes on The View and goes on about how Kelly is homophobic. Rosie indicates that Kelly certainly wouldn't have made that remark if her co-host were someone like.... Mario Lopez. I'm sorry, Rosie, but get real with your examples. I'd have to say I'd be just as likely, if not more so to say that I didn't know where Mario's hands had been... I mean geesh, the man couldn't stay faithful to Ali Landry for five minutes, does it look like Clay ever even has had a date, with man, woman or vegetable?

Even better, I hadn't even thought of the best angle out of this whole story. While Rosie was being so quick to point a finger at a "homophobe" didn't she perhaps just "out" Clay??? Shouldn't that have been his decision, if he even is gay? Maybe Rosie would like to answer everybody's burning "is he or isn't he" questions... Tom Cruise? Anderson Cooper? Oh, wait, silly me, heaven forbid we could respect someone's privacy!

No comments: