Thursday, November 16, 2006

This morning I woke up far too late. I was tired from staying up late the night before, having waited for the husband to get home, and having made stir fry and subsequently having eaten myself into a food stupor. Yellow rice flavored with a generous serving of lemon, chicken stir fry with green peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, bean sprouts, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini... yum. (What can I say, I was watching Top Chef and got carried away).

So this morning I had approximately 20 minues to pull myself together. I didn't have an outfit picked out, and I had to shower. Bad things. I manage to shower, try to fix my hair, brush my teeth and am then struggling to find an outfit. It's supposed to rain heavily this evening so this creates shoe consequences. Thought about wearing wellies (with work shoes to change into)... couldn't find brown tights. Ended up with a brown corduroy theory pleated mini skirt and a pink sweater. Pulled out the black riding boots from J Crew. Ran downstairs in socks, a t-shirt carrying my boots and the sweater (luckily my coat was in the car).

Once I put my shoes on I realize that the skirt I am wearing is entirely too short to have on without tights. I hadn't ever really noticed this before. I always wear tights in fall/winter under skirts and hadn't really noticed that this is a bit too much like a cheerleader skirt and if I sit down the wrong way someone is going to get a glimpse of waaaay too much thigh. Somehow, when said thigh is swathed in tights it just doesn't seem trashy. Now, with just boot socks on, I suddenly felt naked.

I figured, okay, I'll go to Duane Reade. Surely, they'll have tights. Well, yes and no. At first blush all I found were black ribbed queen size tights from L'eggs. I briefly toyed with the idea of going to the Gap, but they don't open until 10. I managed to scour through the racks and find at least a size B. Thanks to the ridiculous amount of stretch in these tights they actually fit better than the "small" pair I bought from Banana. Of course, they too are ribbed and black. Luckily when they're on you really can't tell what color they are, but I am generally, more mismatched than I would like to be.

Note to self to make tomorrow a better day: Wake up earlier, or at least pick out an outfit ahead of time!

No comments: