Monday, November 20, 2006

No Rest for the Weary...

So last night I slept and I dreamed. However, it was not a peaceful sleep. Instead in my dreams I was performing in some sort of competition and when it was over, I said in my sleep-unconscious state, "Now I have to go up and vacuum."

Other random thoughts for today. Speaking of vacuuming, you know those commercials with James Dyson where he goes on and on about finally having invented a vacuum that "doesn't lose suction?" Yeah, well. I managed to find a way to make a Dyson lose suction.

Suck up an entire roll of gift wrap ribbon through the wand attachment.

I was vacuuming the bedroom, using the wand to get at dust bunnies under the dresser and the next thing I know I hear a "thup." "Thup, thup, thuppppppppppppp!" I pull the wand out from under the dresser in just enough time to see the suction from the wand frantically unravelling the ribbon from its little plastic caddy thing and the next thing I know it pulls the taped end right off the caddy and the ribbon is gone. Then the Dyson starts getting much quieter than usual and I notice it really doesn't have the same suction strength as before. I use it a bit more and when it kind of starts to smell like something is burning (always a bad sign) I finally decide I'll empty the cannister.

Yeah. That was a mistake. I go to unhook the canister and its so full that a giant dust bunny falls out of the hole in the cannister where dust goes in and then it is followed by a waterfall of green gift wrap ribbon. Ooops.

Once I emptied it, things worked fine again, but I think this may explain why I felt the need to vacuum in my dreams.

Hmpf. What else. Grocery shopping the Sunday before Thanksgiving should be considered a contact sport.

And, finally, on Saturday I got to spend some quality time with Mel and Thisbe and the Wee Kraken! It was much fun and we must do it again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW CAN YOU NOT EMPTY THE DYSON WITH EVERY USE..YOU MUST HAVE VERY CLEAN FLOORS!! WE EMPTIED OURS THE OTHER DAY AFTER ONE CLEANING AND WE GOT ENOUGH DOG HAIR OUT OF IT TO MAKE A SMALL POODLE...NO MAKE THAT A MEDIUM SIZE POODLE....