Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ever meet

one of those people who starts all of their conversations in the middle of a sentence? Possibly, a sentence not even about the present but about an event that happened yesterday, or the day before? For instance, I just had someone pop into my office and start saying:

"very verbal, she's really very verbal, cute kid isn't she?"

I'm assuming he's taking about his daughter who visited the office yesterday, but it's a little odd because I haven't spoken to this man in at least a week and I didn't speak to him or his wife or daughter yesterday-- I just saw them pass by my door in the middle of the day.

This is similar to last week when he popped into the office of my co-worker (with whom I was sitting, as we were actively engaged in a conference call) and he shouts into the office something to the effect of "we collected $85 grand on that one!"

What one? What are you talking about? We're not working on anything together, we don't even know what you mean!?!

No comments: