Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dinner....

Tonight's dinner was penne rigate with bolognese sauce (from Mario Batali's recipe, with a few tweaks-- mostly a half a cup of cream and a half a cup of milk instead of a whole cup of milk, also some balsamic vinegar, italian seasoning and basil) and eggplant Parmesan. I got to use the infamous graffiti eggplants to much success! However, while trolling for the eggplant recipe I found a recipe on Epicurious for Ratatouille, and now I have become fascinated and am on a mission to make our own Ratatouille. On the downside I'm figuring it's going to be hearty but not spicy (and I'm a fan of spicy), on the upside, the recipe indicated it can be served with rice or potatoes. Given my feelings for starch, I was thinking it might be great served with roasted potatoes. Wish me luck.

No comments: