Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Ah, the wonders of the Internet

I went to use my Whirlpool Duet dryer this morning and it wouldn't turn on. Indeed it had power (as the interior light was on) it just seemed to be stuck in "Control Lock" mode. I have no idea what "Control Lock" mode is, how one turns it on or what purpose it serves, all I know is hitting other random buttons didn't fix the problem. This, simply stated, is a manual question. I checked in the drawer underneath the dryer in the hopes that it would be where we would logically store the dryer manual but of course no luck.

This wasn't the best day for the dryer to decide to stop working. I've already not had phone service for over 24 hours and my new FiOs internet is also down which means that in order to make this post I am sitting on the floor hardwired into our old Comcast connection (thank goodness I had been slothful and not yet returned Comcast's router and/or cancelled the Comcast service!)

Luckily though (for the dryer's sake) I was able to log on to Whirpool's webpage and actually have troubleshooting assistance (and manual access). The problem was an easy fix-- "hold down end of cycle button for 3 seconds". Amazingly, this worked. Again, no explaination as to why any of this happened or why the end of cycle button acts as some sort of master dryer reset but I'm just happy that my socks are drying.

No comments: