Monday, May 21, 2007

Enchiladas!

Tonight we had Stacked Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde and Cheese... it's the cover meal on this month's Bon Appetit magazine! Turns out the recipe was created by the culinary director for one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, Rosa Mexicano. I served it with cilantro lime rice and pinto beans (with jalepeno). It was a time consuming recipe, but all in all it was very tasty! I would recommend adding cheese between each layer of enchilada (I used grated munster, emmenthaler and sharp white cheddar) and I also substituted flour tortillas for corn tortillas.

I made the cilantro lime rice with texmati rice, one can of chicken broth, 2/3 of a cup of water and a good bit of lime juice and lemon juice. I also cooked in with the rice a lime rind and a few sprigs of cilantro (and once the rice was finished I tossed in minced fresh cilantro for extra kick).

No comments: