Monday, March 12, 2007

Misconceptions...

Yesterday I made my weekly jaunt to Wegman's. Part of my shopping trip took me into the Wegman's World of Wine department. I needed vodka. While looking for Vodka I managed to find a small bottle of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio that I thought the Husband would like. I picked this up and then continued my search. Not only did I need vodka, but I needed little airplane bottles of vodka. As a search through the whole place turned up nothing but giant bottles, I asked one of the sales people (and I was rather surprised... though perhaps I shouldn't have been... when he opened his mouth and sounded like a life long patron of Moe's Bar...) he advised that they keep the little bottles up at the cashier's stand. Let me just mention that due to my current state I am no longer able to wear my wedding band and over the weekend also was not wearing my engagement ring. So, there I go, six months pregnant, no wedding ring or engagement ring, heading up to the counter with my bottle of white wine and my request for two airplane size Vodkas. Needless to say the look on the cashier's face was priceless. I seriously think that she was under the impression that I was going to be knocking back the airline bottles *while* I grocery shopped. (Not to say that a weekend visit to Wegman's wouldn't drive someone to drink).... but I really felt like I needed a sign around my neck saying: "Making Vodka Sauce, will burn off!" Honestly. Before I go shopping I usually like to have two or three meals planned out for during the week. The plan for Wednesday is Penne alla Vodka. Page 215 of the Gourmet cookbook. Honest.

No comments: