Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rumble in the Bronx

Last night at about 12:30am I was up in the bedroom getting ready to iron clothes for today. As I'm standing there about to plug in the iron I hear this gigantic bbbbbrrrrrummmmmmmppppppth! Rumble that sounded like a freight train.... Accompanying this noise was a clear vibration of the entire room. It scared the hell out of me. It actually sounded like all of the slate fell off of the roof in one fell swoop and that if I wasn't careful I would soon be falling through the floor to the living room. After a moment or so I realized that it had to be snow coming off the roof. ALL of the snow. Ever, even some snow left over from 1972. I peered out the little window in the front of the bedroom and couldn't see much. I went downstairs and looked out the front window. Damn if the entire walk wasn't now covered in a giant layer of ice and snow, which continued across the whole front of the house. Note to self-- after a snow/ice storm, go in and out through the garage for a week of so.

No comments: