Thursday, April 24, 2008

Communal Living...

So yesterday I was chatting with a friend (who shall remain nameless given the subject matter) and we got on to the topic of changing in front of others. Said friend indicated that she, for example, will go to and from the gym dressed for the gym rather than changing there. This lead me to question then whether the communal dressing rooms at Loehmann's were out. Indeed, they are. All of this got me thinking. I basically share the same philosophy. As a general matter I would prefer not to change clothes in front of others-- at the gym, at the spa, etc. However, I have noticed that when it comes to communal dressing rooms at discount clothing retailers I will forgo modesty in order to either a) avoid waiting in line for a dressing room with a door or b) being limited to "8" items. I'm not proud of it, but that's the fact. I just try to focus on my little bit of mirror and black out everything else around me!

No comments: